The Sunday School Sings
April 22, 2018
October 29, 2017
Children’s and Family Ministry Info:
Sunday School 12/16
Next week we have Sunday School as usual 9:30-10:20. Most of the time will be practicing for our program.
Christmas Reception Food and Hosting
Those who signed up to bring food to the reception have been reminded. If you can bring fruit or veggies, please contact Elizabeth.
Arrival for Christmas Program 12/16
Kids return at either 1:40 (3rd, 4th and K) and at 1:50 (3 years, 4 years, 1st, 2nd). Meet downstairs.
Christmas Program 2 PM on 12/16 (and later)
We hope you will bring your relatives and friends and enjoy the program! If someone is not able to come, or if you want to enjoy it again later, Steve Cheramy is going to put a streaming tab on the website and you will be able to download your own copy of the program.
On Antiphons and Christmas Eve
Check the kiosk and signup:
- If your children are interested in reading the O Antiphons and lighting the Advent candle (or if would like to light the candle and have someone else read), we still need a reader for Saturday, December 15th and a reader(s) and light candles for Sunday, Dec. 23 at the 8:15 service.
- If your child would like to play or sing prelude music or if you r family would like to be involved in the 7 PM Christmas Eve service.
Christmas Program and Reception? Program is December 16 at 2:00 pm. Please make attendance a priority in the weeks prior to practice for the program. Please see the reception sign up at Sunday School if you are able to bring something.
Special Christmas Collections – This is the time of year when many families think about giving gifts to various causes. This year we’d like to ask our Sunday School families to consider giving to one or more of the following. There is a wide variety ranging from purchased items, to the gift of time, to sharing/recycling. Please bring your donations by Sunday, Dec. 16th.
- Baby Jesus’ Birthday Party – We are collecting bottles, diapers, wipes, pacifiers, formula, bibs, baby food, baby care items like lotion and shampoo. We will display them at the Christmas Reception and they will go to St. Stephen’s Food Pantry.
- Kennedy Adopt a School – Please go through gently used winter clothing items that your family has outgrown to give to the Kennedy Elementary School. They are asking for donations of used winter gear such as boots, hats, mittens, gloves and coats.
- Flu Care Bags – Help us work with Social Ministry to create 20 -30 Flu Care Bags for residents of the Triangle Ministry Neighborhood. Sunday School families are asked to bring:
- 3 & 4 year olds: 2 cans of chicken noodle soup or vegetable broth, low sodium if possible
- Kindergartners: 4 small packets of soda crackers (packet of 8)
- 1st & 2nd graders: 2, 32 ounce bottles of Gatorade (not diet or low calorie)
- 3rd-4th graders: 1 or 2 containers of disinfecting wipes
If you have any of these items already on hand, feel free to donate them. We are just assigning grades to try to ensure we can stock each bag.
No Sunday School for Christmas Break December 23 and Dec 30
Registrations are welcomed throughout the Sunday School year: Sunday School Registration Form ’18
For the new 2018-19 Calendar: CLICK HERE
Save the Date for These Important Children’s Ministry Events for 2019:
Sunday School Ends, Sunday, April 28
First Communion Weekend, May 4 & 5