First and foremost, Messiah Church is a people gathered by God for worship and praise. It is in worship that we bind ourselves to God and to one another. From that sense of community we in turn reach out beyond the walls of Messiah in ministry and mission. Community then, is at the heart of our common life together. While worship remains the source and the summit of our life, we build up our family in a variety of ways every year. Some of the activities through which we grow are:
- The Annual Autumn Thrivent Barbeque – this is a chance to gather and celebrate the new academic year and re-commit ourselves to outreach, ministry and mission
- Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts and Brownies – Messiah has supported scouting for nearly 25 years and reaches out to young boys and girls offering programs deeply rooted in community values of service and loyalty.
- Prayer Chain Ministry – we believe that we are bound to one another in prayer and surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses…as Tennyson says: More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of!
- The Harvest Meal and New Member Welcome – Each year on one of the Sundays in November, Messiah Church gathers around the Thanksgiving Table in our fellowship hall. New members are welcomed and old members are re-aquainted.
- Lenten Evenings of Reflection – Every Wednesday evening in Lent at 6:00 PM we gather for a simple meal of soup and bread followed by Night Prayer. Each evening a different parishioner will share a short reflection on his/her life explaining how the scriptures of the day have impacted their story.